Sunday, July 11, 2010

Many Hands Make Light Work


I love the "simple" life of those in Old Order Mennonite and Amish communities. I say "simple" because no matter how you live your life, life is never truly simple. However, I do believe that priorities are a bit more straight forward in Old Order communities. Following the seasons, sharing time with family and friends, taking care of people in one's community(community is sometimes defined in a world context, as well as in the local context), and spending time worshiping God. I am so honored and humbled to have come from this background and have a great love for my Old Order Mennonite brothers and sisters. I may not have been raised "plain" but being Mennonite is still very much in my blood. I think no matter how much you grow, how you were raised plays a large part in who you are as an adult.

No comments: